Orbits: The Sandbox
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Orbits: The Sandbox is an N-Body space simulation for all ages, as well as a unique gravitational art creator. The game is created with the aim of peaking interest and curiosity in space and physics in children and adults alike. It employs a friendly, approachable low-poly art style and intuitive controls to create a space in which inquisitive minds can carry out experiments on a celestial scale. Orbits: The Sandbox allows the user absolute power over our solar system, with which they can move, create and manipulate celestial objects then sit back and watch the resulting pandemonium unfold.
- Press F12 to take a screenshot of your artistic creation.
- Click on an object to focus on it, then zoom in and out with W and S/ Up and Down or the Scroll Wheel.
- Press the Left and Right Arrow keys to cycle between objects in the scene.
- To create an object, select a category and click on it's picture in the left-hand panel then click into the scene.
- Press Delete on your keyboard to delete the selected object, such as the sun, for very interesting results.
- Click on the 'Record that!' button in the bottom right, or press F2, to save the last few seconds as a GIF.
- Press F1 to toggle the visibility of the UI, to see space in all its glory.
- Press Esc to Open the pause menu and from there exit the game.
This project is currently in it's Alpha state, and so expect a few issues. If you find any bugs, please let me know by commenting in the relevant thread on the forums and I will fix them as soon as I am able. Likewise for any suggestions.
Developing games is fun, but takes a lot of work. Hearing that people have had fun playing something I've made makes it all worth it a thousand times over. Whether you've enjoyed yourself or not, I'd love to hear your thoughts, feedback and suggestions on the game via the forums below!
Andreas Theme - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
This project is in a very early stage of development and may change considerably over time.
|Published||Jun 07, 2018|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Casual, chill, Colorful, DRM Free, Low-poly, Physics, Relaxing, Sandbox, Space|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Super Early Supporter
As one of the earliest supporters of Orbits: The Sandbox, you will be entitled to the full game forever - should it ever transition into a paid title - for less than a cup of coffee.
- Stellar Locations98 days ago
- Alpha 1.10 - Massive Overhaul!99 days ago
- Alpha 1.07Jun 13, 2018
- Alpha 1.06 - Exciting ChangesJun 12, 2018
- Exciting ThingsJun 11, 2018
- Alpha 1.05Jun 10, 2018
- Alpha 1.04Jun 09, 2018
- Alpha 1.03Jun 09, 2018