Orbits: The Sandbox
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This game is currently free to download, but if you feel like giving me a helping hand it would be greatly and sincerely appreciated.
Orbits: The Sandbox is an N-Body space simulation for all ages, created with the aim of peaking interest and curiosity in space and physics in children and adults alike. It employs a friendly, approachable low-poly art style and intuitive controls to create a space in which inquisitive minds can carry out experiments on a celestial scale. Orbits: The Sandbox allows the user absolute power over our solar system, with which they can move, create and manipulate celestial objects then sit back and watch the resulting pandemonium unfold.
- Click on an object to focus on it, then zoom in and out with W and S.
- Press the Left and Right Arrow keys to cycle between objects in the scene.
- To create an object, select a category and click on it's picture in the left-hand panel then click into the scene.
- Press Delete or Backspace on your keyboard to delete the selected object, such as the sun, for very interesting results.
- Click on the 'Record that!' button or press F2 to save the last few seconds as a GIF.
- Press F1 to toggle the visibility of the UI, to see space in all its glory.
- Press F2 to take a screenshot of your artistic creation.
- Press Esc to Open the pause menu and from there exit the game.
This project is currently in it's Alpha state, and so expect a few issues. If you find any bugs, please let me know by commenting in the relevant thread on the forums. Likewise for any suggestions.
Developing games is fun, but takes a lot of work. Hearing that people have had fun playing something I've made makes it all worth it a thousand times over. Whether you've enjoyed yourself or not, I'd love to hear your thoughts, feedback and suggestions on the game via the forums below!
Concentration" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
This project is in a very early stage of development and may change considerably over time.
|Published||17 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Casual, chill, Colorful, DRM Free, Low-poly, Physics, Relaxing, Sandbox, Space|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
As this project is currently in an early state of development, it is available for free, however as one of the earliest supporters of Orbits: The Sandbox, you will be entitled to the full game forever, at no extra cost.