Orbits: The Sandbox
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Orbits: The Sandbox is an N-Body space simulation for all ages, as well as a unique gravitational art creator. The game is created with the aim of piquing interest and curiosity in space and physics in children and adults alike. It employs a friendly, approachable low-poly art style and intuitive controls to create a space in which inquisitive minds can carry out experiments on a celestial scale. Orbits: The Sandbox allows the user absolute power over our solar system, with which they can move, create and manipulate celestial objects then sit back and watch the resulting pandemonium unfold.
- Click on an object to focus on it, pan with Middle Click then zoom in and out with the Scroll Wheel.
- To create an object, select a category and click on it's picture in the left-hand panel then click into the scene.
- Press Delete on your keyboard to delete the selected object, such as the sun, for very interesting results.
- Right Click on an object to edit it's physical properties.
- Press F1 to toggle the visibility of the UI, to see space in all its glory.
- Press Esc to Open the pause menu and from there exit the game.
- Alpha - Free (Always available as Demo)
- Beta - Half Price (~$5.99)
- Release / Late Beta on Steam + Itch.io - Full Price
All purchases made will grant the buyer the full game throughout development and upon its release on Steam as a thank you for early support.
Orbits: The Sandbox is being developed in a transparent way to allow players to follow along with development behind the scenes. The one and only task board used for development is available publicly here!
This project is currently in it's Alpha state, and so expect a few issues. If you find any bugs, please let me know by commenting in the relevant thread on the forums and I will fix them as soon as I am able. Likewise for any suggestions.
Developing games is fun, but takes a lot of work. Hearing that people have had fun playing something I've made makes it all worth it a thousand times over. Whether you've enjoyed yourself or not, I'd love to hear your thoughts, feedback and suggestions on the game via the forums below!
Andreas Theme - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
This project is in a very early stage of development and may change considerably over time.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||chill, Destruction, DRM Free, Physics, Relaxing, Sandbox, Sci-fi, Space|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Beta 1.01 UpdateAug 17, 2020
- After 2 Years: Beta 1.0 is finally here!Aug 05, 2020
- Beta 1.0 Coming Soon! (Last chance to buy at Alpha price)Oct 30, 2019
- Big Update Inbound, Stay Tuned!Aug 10, 2019
- Stellar LocationsJul 11, 2018
- Alpha 1.10 - Massive Overhaul!Jul 10, 2018
- Alpha 1.07Jun 13, 2018
- Alpha 1.06 - Exciting ChangesJun 12, 2018